[ic] Frustrated with IC 4.8

Tue Sep 18 07:58:00 2001

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, IC-Admin wrote:

I>>The would be the beginning of the end. It doesn't make sense. It's not the
I>>responsibility of the developer to make sure, that the documentation gets
I>>understood by everybody  independent of their level of knowledge or
I>>expertise.
I>>
I>>There is no science, where the scientist adapt to the level of
I>>understanding of a highschool student, just to make sure everybody
I>>can understand quantum physics. If a chemist develops a drug his
I>>documentation for that drug will not be watered down to a level
I>>a ninth grader can read it like a science fiction novel.
I>>
I>>Somewhere along the road you can understand, that it's up to you to
I>>learn the tools you need. I wouldn't know any field where that wouldn't
I>>be the same.

And, if I was at the level of a high school student trying to understand
quantum physics then the current situation would be a lot more
understandable.

I'm NOT at that level. I bought my first PC while Bill Gates was in the
middle of developing MITS Basic, and I've been programming ever since.

What has happened is that a programming language has been developed here for
people to use which appears to be a way to use Perl to enhance HTML. This
language uses the Interchange Tag Language. While a lengthy document has
been written to explain this language, it is written at the quantum physics
level.

Just because I have been driving cars and trucks for centuries, am I
supposed to be able to get into another form of transportation - a
helicopter - and figure out how to fly it? I would expect to at least have
an understandable manual that I could read that would teach me.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Tuesday, September 18, 2001 at 07:40 AM:
Sex is just a sublimation of the math urge.

This Linux System has been up 57 hours