[ic] Please help with pgp issue, please.

Tue Sep 18 08:04:01 2001

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Rick Lord wrote:

RL>>I am getting desperate here. My questions are going unanswered.

I am answering this only because I sympathize with you and share your
frustration. It may be totally wrong.

RL>>I have set up two seperate sites using Interchange 4.6. One uses GPG for
RL>>encryption the other does not encrypt the number at all. Both work fine. I am
RL>>trying to set up a new server using Interchange 4.8. I would prefer to not
RL>>use encryption since the order is sent locally. When I try to set that up I
RL>>get NEED ENCRYPTION ENABLED where the CC number should be. If I can't get

In my version of 4.6 in .../etc/report there is a line similar to this:

  Payment Method: [scratch payment]
[if value payment_method eq credit]  Account Number: [value
mv_credit_card_info]      Expiration: [value
mv_credit_card_exp_month]/[value mv_credit_card_exp_year][/if]

This sends the credit card info to me in the clear in the message that I
fill orders from.

If you have such a line in your 4.6, perhaps you can somehow jam this into a
similar place in 4.8?

(I've not started playing with 4.8 yet so this may be a left field answer)

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Tuesday, September 18, 2001 at 08:00 AM:
My lucky color just faded.

This Linux System has been up 57 hours