[ic] Frustrated with IC 4.8

Tue Sep 18 08:15:00 2001

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Ian Riddler wrote:

IR>>With all due respect, that's utter rubbish.
IR>>
IR>>You don't expect the people who drive cars to know how to build one from
IR>>scratch.
IR>>You don't expect the mechanics who fix them to understand the science behind
IR>>them.
IR>>Even in the assembly plants, the bulk of the workers are following
IR>>blueprints, not understanding the science behind it.
IR>>
IR>>Your reasoning is flawed.  Amongst the people who are trying to install
IR>>interchange are long-term programmers and sys admins with a good
IR>>understanding of the OS and programming. The solution you are giving is
IR>>"Tough, I can understand it. If you can't, go elsewhere."
IR>>That's not a solution, that's pure arrogance.

Thank you!

A part of the posters here are of the philosophy that Bill Gates can give
the source code for Windows (pick a version, any version) to a senior
programmer well experienced in C/C++ who has never seen any Windows version
and they will have all of the documentation that they need to fully install
and operate that version of Windows.

Yes, it's true that it can be done. But, why?

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Tuesday, September 18, 2001 at 08:10 AM:
Help beautify our dumps. Throw away something pretty.

This Linux System has been up 58 hours