[ic] Frustrated with IC 4.8

Tue Sep 18 08:34:00 2001

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Ross Cousens wrote:

RC>>So many messages over a trivial point, no ones about to be suddenly
RC>>convinced to take a different view point on open source/commercial software,
RC>>it's like being gay or straight, you're either born that way or you're not,
RC>>or I guess you could argue it's a circumstance of environment, either way
RC>>I'm sure my opinions on open source software were formed in the sandpit
RC>>where I learnt to "share". So I'd like to take this opportunity to reiterate
RC>>my previous question and ask what purpose does the "top" section serve in
RC>>layout design, where is it defined etc.? I can't see where it actually comes
RC>>out on the main page, or at the least could someone give me an idea as to
RC>>what document to look in?

As I have been told, "You have the source code. Figure it out for yourself."

Look for a directory .../templates/regions. The areas are defined there. I
have been able to successfully modify these.

The best that I have been able to figure out, putting this at the top of
your html page:

[comment]
ui_template: Yes
ui_template_name: leftright
[/comment]

will invoke it. However, since it is within comment brackets, I don't
understand why.

It's not documented [sigh!]

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Tuesday, September 18, 2001 at 08:30 AM:
There must be more to life than compile-and-go.

This Linux System has been up 58 hours