[ic] Frustrated with IC 4.8

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 08:41:00 2001

Jim Balcom <jim@idk-enterprises.com> writes:

> On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, IC-Admin wrote:
>
> I>>I have some difficulties to understand why, under those circumstances,
> I>>you don't change to Red Hat 7.x to avoid the problems you describe for
> I>>good. Don't you think you had a higher change to get answers on this list,
> I>>if you used Red Hat ?
>
> Now THAT is ridulous!
>
> You want someone to change from a Ford to a Chevy because the sunroof
> doesn't fit well in the Ford!
>
> Experienced Linux Sysadmins do NOT change distributions (easily). They pick
> one, fall in love with it, and won't budge. I've been through most of the
> major distributions, including RH. I come back to Slackware. My mentor tries
> them all out. He keeps coming back to RH.

<IMHO>
Besides that Redhat may recommend the RedHat distribution for using
Interchange, it is no way required for using IC. There are enough
efforts from Redhat to support other OS's/distributions.
</IMHO>

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices