[ic] setting search sorts - how to save what I build

Tue Sep 18 09:12:00 2001

Quoting Tux MacAuley (tux@austin.rr.com):
> My searches are ending up with the items sorted in a non logical order (the
> same order I entered them, as they are supposed to by default.)  I am having
> problems saving the search builder output:  on the last/final page of the
> search builder, I ended up with :
>
> Location:
> http://mydomain.com/~aviation/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/admin/search_wizard.html?id=H
> rmy8ugZ&mv_pc=29039
>
> [area     href=scan
>             search=|
>                         fi=products
>                         st=db
>                         ra=yes
>                         ml=25
>                         tf=description
>                         to=x
> ]
>
> I clicked the "test" link, and it seems to work like I want it to.
>
> QUESTIONS:  How do I save it and make it work all the time?  Do I need to
> paste the above code somewhere?

Yes, the portion contained inside search= needs to go in the page
where it is to be applied.

If you are talking about the category list search, it needs to go in
the "custom search" section in layout design.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of
car payments.  -- Earl Wilson