[ic] problems when creating a theme.

Tue Sep 18 09:17:00 2001

Quoting Eduardo Dominguez (edmz@yahoo.com):

> I read the parts of the manuals that pertained themes. Having
> not found enough info i decided I could find out by myself.
> I am using foundation as the base for my theme.
>
> This is what I have done:
>  - edited mv_metadata.asc, added option for my template
> ("mytemplate=MyTemplate")
>  - created /var/www/html/mystore/images/mytemplate directory
>  - copied /var/lib/interchange/templates/foundation to mytemplate in
>    same dir
>  - edited catalog.cfg so that instead of pointing to default it points
>    to mytemplate
>
> Am i missing something ? Modyfing mv_metadata to add "mytemplate" seemed
> a little hackish, i am worried this is not the way to do it and that I
> am missing something.
>
> If I edit my theme.cfg (of mytemplate) and
> change the background color for example, nothing happens. Do this
> changes require a restart ? Sounds like too much for just changing
> a background color.

Yes, they require a reconfig ("apply changes" in the UI). Config files
are only read at config time.

You can set up those variables in the preferences / variable database
and use "Pragma dynamic_variables", in which case they would be dynamic.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous