[ic] Adding fields using mysql

Tue Sep 18 12:58:00 2001

Quoting David Bordas (bordas@jeuxvideo.com):
> put a userde.txt file in the <catroot>/products directory and remove the
> file userdb.sql.
> Then restart IC and it'll create the table as definied in the userdb.txt.
>

> I hope it can help.

I wouldn't do this for userdb. That is typically a dynamic file which
you can't export then import again (unless you take access to the catalog
link program offline while you do any changes).

Normally, the method is to use a sql command:

	mysql> alter table userdb add column somenewcol varchar(255);

Then restart Interchange and it will pick up the column.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon