[ic] Please help with pgp issue, please.

Tue Sep 18 21:39:00 2001

Quoting Jonathan Clark (jonc@webmaint.com):
> > > message.  In 4.6.5 I used this below.
> > >
> > > ENCRYPTOR       /usr/local/bin/gpg -e -a -q --batch --no-tty
> > > --always-trust -r gerberb@zenez.com 2>encrypt.error        Payment
> > >
> [snip]
>
> > In 4.8, it should be simple. Remove all references to ENCRYPTOR
> > in your routes (ala the example catalog.cfg in foundation) and
> > then put:
> >
> >     EncryptProgram  /usr/local/bin/gpg
> >     EncryptKey      gerberb@zenez.com
> >

> I suspect that in your case you will also need to use gpg to sign the key if
> you are having to use --always-trust. This is in order to avoid gpg issuing
> a warning and asking if its ok to proceed - which may cause ic to stall.
>
> I would be surprised if ic set this parameter by default.

Be surprised. I find the trust system to be pretty ridiculous, myself,
in an application where a human is not involved. Anyone could sign it
if the system is cracked. 8-)

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer