[ic] Credit Card Authorisation/Processing

Wed Sep 19 07:37:01 2001

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Ross Cousens wrote:

RC>>encryption (to check it's a valid number). I'm just curious if it would be
RC>>done easily to add another field to the Users table to store credit card
RC>>info, and then show that up in the order processing part of the admin
RC>>interface.

As I understand what you are saying there is that you want to have the
credit card number become a part of userdb.

That's downright scary! When someone does break into your system and steals
userdb, they have everything at hand to impersonate anyone on your list,
including spoofing the address verification system and to buy anything that
they want.

That happened to Egghead. As I recall, there was a bank not too long ago
that had their database compromised.

Amazon.com is storing CC#'s in their database, and it scares the bejeepers
out of me!

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Wednesday, September 19, 2001 at 07:15 AM:
Sorry... my mind has a few bad sectors.

This Linux System has been up 81 hours