[ic] Backend order entry

Donal H. interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Sep 19 14:47:00 2001

other than
> > > I can't fathom why you would do this, but it really is just a question
> > > of making sure the order number is unique (probably just a different
> > > number sequence) and inserting the entries in orderline, transactions,
> > > and userdb.
> It is definitely possible to format a single HTTP request to
> order a series of items and complete the order. For example:

I was really just wondering if there was a level of abstraction for adding
orders at the back end i.e. so that we don't need to concern ourselves with
how the orders are stored.

My concern would be that something might change in a future release which
could
break our implementation. But I take it it's safe to assume that either (i)
the storage
model will not change or (ii) that if it does, it will be highlighted in the
release notes.

What you've suggested is fine. I just wanted to avoid going down one road
and
discovering afterwards that there was a better option.

Thanks,
-Donal