[ic] Backend order entry

Wed Sep 19 17:07:00 2001

Quoting cfm@maine.com (cfm@maine.com):
> > It is definitely possible to format a single HTTP request to
> > order a series of items and complete the order. For example:
> >
> > <A HREF="[area
> > 		href=ord/checkout.html
> > 		form='
> > 		    mv_action=submit
> > 		    mv_order_item=FOO_SKU
> > 		    mv_order_quantity=1
> > 		    mv_order_item=BAR_SKU
> > 		    mv_order_quantity=2
> > 		    payment_method=po
> > 		    fname=Milton
> > 		    lname=Bear
> > 		    address1=...
> > 		    etc=etc
> > 		'
> > 	]">Order something</A>
> >

> While we have not looked at it in years, we were never
> able to get that to less that two requests; seems we need
> the first one to establish the sessionID and then the
> next to place the order.  Can it be done in one now?  The
> example above presumes at least two (because it is IC page).

You always get a session ID even on the first request -- I don't
see how there would be a problem there.

With 4.8, you can also get your session ID from an external cookie and
set it to a cookie that was previously set by some other program.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown