[ic] Using email instead of username

Russ Mann interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Sep 19 17:20:00 2001

Jorge,

I use the email address for the login username.  I just specify on the login
form for the field username to have the email address put in there.  I
couldn't find a way to REQUIRE it to be in the form of an email address
though.  So the user doesn't have to redundantly enter their email address,
I use code like this for the email field:

<input type="text" name="b_email"
value="[if data session username][data session username][else][value
b_email][/else][/if]"

Russ Mann

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]On Behalf Of
Jorge Cuevas
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 2:31 PM
To: Interchange-users@anthrax.interchange.redhat.com
Subject: [ic] Using email instead of username

Has anybody tried using the email instead of a username for login purposes?

I thought about copying the email to the username field in the new account
page, but I was wondering if this is part of some configuration I have not
found yet. It sounds like a common issue in a lot of sites so that is why I
am thinking that it may just be a matter of switching some configuration
file.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jorge Cuevas