[ic] How to join tables with the [query] tag

Donal H. interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 12:34:01 2001

> The problem comes when I try to join the tables 'transactions' and
> 'orderline' by the field 'order_number'. This allows knowing on which
> campaign was sold the product, etc. It says "Parse error near .affiliate".
> The exact parameters of the [query] tag are:
>         sql="
>              select transactions.affiliate,
>               transactions.campaign,

Are you using an sql database?

I tried a very basic "select [table].[column] from [table]" with a shop
using Postgres and it worked fine. With a shop that uses the standard IC
database, it generates that parse error! Sounds like either it's a bug in
the parser or else it's not supported with that database type.

-Donal