[ic] Verisign, double, tripe charges, orders not going through IC

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 15:43:01 2001

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of mheins@redhat.com
>
> Quoting Ron Phipps (rphipps@reliant-solutions.com):
> > > Are you positive some portion of the client is not having some
> > > basic system resource problem? What does a -12 error really mean?
> > > 12 in the system error numbers is usually ENOMEM; is it possible
that
> > > your Interchange user ID is running out of memory on the system
due
> > > to quotas or some virtual server memory limitations?
> >
> > It could be a system resource problem, however it should not be due
> > any user restrictions.  The IC server is not running on a virtual
server
> > and it is only running this one catalog with each user having full
> > access to available memory and disk space.  The server is a dual 450
> > with 256mb ram.  We will be adding another 256mb ram tonight just in
> > case this is the issue.
>
> I doubt it; normally unless you are maxing swap on UNIX/Linux (not
> likely, since you don't mention general speed problems) you would not
> receive an ENOMEM. The only OS I have seen that on is BSD -- you don't
> mention what you are using. If you *are* using BSD, IRIX, or some
> classic System V variant, I would suspect signal problems. On Linux
that
> is unlikely in the extreme.

The swap has over 200 megs free and the available memory is at about 40
megs, should be enough of a cushion.  This may be a bandwidth problem
though as I have seen a degradation in speed over the last week.  We'll
be fixing that situation this weekend when the servers are moved to a
new provider.

We are running all of our servers on RedHat Linux so based on your
analysis this would not be the issue.

Good news continues, the orders are being processed without the problem
reoccurring.  If we see the issue again I may downgrade to v2 of
Verisign to see if it's related to the new client.  Who would of thought
upgrading Verisign, PGP, IC and the entire site in one swoop would be so
involved ;)

Thanks,
-Ron