[ic] [set members_only][/set] vs [tmp members_only][/tmp]

Fri Sep 21 12:41:00 2001

At 04:36 PM 09/21/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi list,
>
>What is the difference between [set members_only][/set] and [tmp
>members_only][/tmp] ?
>In the foundation shop, they are both used, is there a reason behind which
>one to use ?

I haven't used [tmp] much, but my reading of the tag ref seems to indicate
that [tmp] keys expire when page delivery is completed and the session is
updated.  On the other hand, [scratch] keys, once set, will persist across
multiple pages and generally don't expire until the session itself
expires.  So use [tmp] when you only want to retain a value within one
page, use [scratch] when you want to retain a value across several pages or
for the duration of the user's session.

NOTE: I am surmising quite a bit here - anyone else care to comment?

- Ed L.