[ic] Problems with [query]

Dan Browning interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Sep 21 19:05:01 2001

At 02:34 PM 9/21/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>So phase two of this issue:  I created
>'section.pgsql' and I think I got the format
>right, but now when I start interchange I
>get this message:
>
>...table 'awt_section' failed: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:
>awt_section: Permission denied. at /apps/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm
>line 1321.
>
>This looks like an operating system level message,
>the standard "you tried to access a file you don't own"
>but when I look at DBI.pm line 1321, it is trying
>to do $sth->execute(); which I believe is an SQL
>call to the Postgres database.
>
>Is this an SQL error or an OS error?
>
>Patrick Bennett
>http://www.ccgenesis.com

Your questions are refreshing, I really appreciate the intelligent effort
you put into it.  Unfortunately I don't know the answer.  But my first
guess is that it is a SQL error.  Maybe the user that runs interchange
(e.g., interch) has different permissions for that table.

What is your /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf?

It would also be nice to clarify if there is any difference in
SQLUSER/DBI/etc. from the following files:
         dbconf/pgsql/section.pgsql
         dbconf/pgsql/products.pgsql

HTH, HAND,

Dan Browning <danpb@mail.com>