[ic] To Mike Heins

Fri Sep 21 20:37:01 2001

Mike,

September 11th taught us how volatile the world is. How we are here today
and gone tomorrow, and a lot of appreciations left unsaid. When my Dad died,
I had written him a long letter about 6 months earlier with my true
feelings, and my true love expressed. In the 15 years since then I have
daily thanked my (whatever) that I had taken the time to write him with my
true feelings. So many people do not get a chance to do that. I know that he
went to his grave knowing that I loved him and that I appreciated all of his
sacrifices for me.

In the hustle and bustle, we often forget (or neglect) to take the time to
show appreciation where we need to.

Mike, it boggles my mind to even try to imagine the wealth of information
that you have stored in your mind. It's fantastic! I've been writing
software of various sorts since 1976. I know that it's not easy. I fully
understand the trials and tribulations of trying to make software all come
together. I can really appreciate the hard work that you have put into
Interchange. It is truly a work of art in it's own right.

When I look at the time stamps on many of your messages, I honestly wonder
when you have time to sleep. You are obviously giving your heart, body, and
soul to this project.

I'm an old man. I bitch a lot. (I've earned the right (-: ) But, I also feel
that if I have a right to bitch, that I need to offset that by giving credit
where credit is due. My intent in bitching is to help improve an already
tremendous piece of software.

It also boggles my mind that you have freely given so much of yourself, so
much of your life, and that you have put so much dedication into what is now
Interchange. That you have given away, for free, so much of your blood,
sweat, and tears.

I have experimented with a significant number of e-commerce programs, and I
have paid several hundred dollars for some of them. All of them are inferior
to your masterpiece!

September is a month of heroes! Our country has seen some new heroes evolve
this month. I don't care what anyone says, Mike: You are my Hero! Thanks for
all that you have done for us!

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Friday, September 21, 2001 at 20:10 PM:
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

This Linux System has been up 142 hours