[ic] Affiliate Program

Sheamus Nulty interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Sep 22 07:21:01 2001

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for some advice with regard to setting up an affiliate program
with interchange. Basically, the method I'm looking to implement is that a
cookie is stored to a user's pc when he comes from an affiliate site. This
cookie would be active for 30 Days so that the affiliate would earn
commision on purchases made by this user during this period.

Now, I've looked at the Server.pm file and have found a way to set a
one-time cookie that would last 30 Days by modifying the create_cookie
routine. The method I thought to use was that when a user connects to our
site after previously coming from a affiliate, interchange would read the
cookie and set Session->source{'mv_pc'} to the affiliate id.

This is the part I'm unsure as to how/where I should put the code to set the
mv_pc variable.

Thanks

Sheamus