[ic] credit card info

Corey Gilmore interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Sep 23 10:39:00 2001

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Andreas, Scott wrote:

> Thats nice and all, but we batch our creditcards via a script. Once a day we
> download all the days activities which runs into the thousands and then run
> a script which looks for the creditcard info, then writes it to a txt file
> and then batch to the terminal from there. Its fully automated. So our
> little situation would make for teadious situation if we had to do it all
> with human intervention.

Why not just add an extra line or two to decrypt the CC info?  Even if the
password is hardcoded, you will still be that much more secure from the
time the email is sent, to when it is received.

I guess if you have IC running on the same server where IC is dealing with
credit cards, and were just sending the orders to orders@localhost, it
wouldn't be that much of an issue.  You could try using /bin/cat as your
encryptor.  Or create a custom Route for your orders (I haven't done this
w/o encryption so I can't help much).