[ic] DBI/DBD "undefined symbol"?

Joshua Sowin interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 13:22:00 2001

Hello all,

Still having some problems getting Interchange working.  I have it
installed, and have installed the Bundle::Interchange for perl as well.
But when I try to start the interchange server, I get this error message:

Interchange V4.8.2
Configuring catalog foundation...Using MySQL,
DSN=dbi:mysql:test_foundation...perl: error in loading shared
libraries: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-
linux/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so: undefined symbol: mysql_init

What can I do to fix this?  I have reinstaleld DBD and tried to upgrade
perl, but it does not fix the problem.  I am not an expert with shared
libraries, so any help would be appreciated.  I need to get this cleared up
ASAP, as I need to get this working for my business.  Thank you in
advance!  God Bless!

In Christ,

Joshua Sowin
founder, gracehost.com