[ic] Admin Order Entry -> Order Routes -> Admin Logout

Tue Sep 25 21:13:00 2001

Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):

> >Routes
> >tries
> >
> >In 4.6, my guess has been that the logins are tied together between the UI
> >and the store.
> >
> >If I log into the store as Fred Sanford, and then log into the UI as Jim,
> >suddenly the login at the store is changed to Jim. If I log out of the store
> >and then log back in as Fred Sanford (the memory of Redd Foxx lives on!),
> >then Jim is logged out of the UI.
> >
> >Whether this is a bug or a feature, I can't say!
> >

> Actually, this is a rather significant bug which is causing more than one
> problem.
>
> The routing for a backend order (mv_order_route) is "log_entry main
> copy_user", but for some reason IC is ignoring it in favor of the 'default'
> order route, which is set (in catalog.cfg) to "log_transaction main
> copy_user" - I have verified that processing is passing through this route,
> though it should not be, for a backend order.  Not only does this log out
> the admin's session, but it erroneously creates a new userdb record for all
> transactions entered from the backend - a definite problem if you are
> entering an order for an existing user.

The problem is in catalog.cfg:

    FormIgnore  mv_order_route

which prevents the setting from the form. I think this can be corrected
by changing the "Place Order" mv_click in lib/UI/pages/admin/entry.html:

[set Place Order]
mv_order_route=log_entry main copy_user
mv_todo=submit
[/set]

If someone can give me some feedback that this works, I will commit
that change to CVS.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry