[ic] search parameters se=I% and op=like not working after upgrade

Tue Sep 25 21:50:01 2001

Quoting Howard William Office National (howwill@fuzion.com.au):
> Ed Wrote
> >Post the relevant segment(s) of you error.log, otherwise no one has any
> idea what the nature of the  problem is.
>
> Ok nothing in any error log that I can find "interchange/error.log" or
> "catalogue/error.log"
>
> so I rewote my catalogue index page.
> [data session arg] is a single letter and this works.
>
> ---snip---
> [query interpolate=1 ml=999 list=1 sql="select title from product_index

There is your problem. interpolate=1 should rarely, rarely be used these
days. The [page ...] tag is being interpolated before your query is
done.

[snip]

> I also discovered that some existing code in another site i wrote from
> scratch based on minivend is now failing on a similar type of embedded tag.
> 	[loop search= |
> 		se=[value event_code]
> 		sf=type
> 		fi=events
> 	]
>
> outsite the "loop" works in inside doesn't.

I guarantee it works. There must be something else wrong, like the
text file not being in sync with the database. Try st=db.

> I have tried adding the interpolate=1 to no avail.

Again, unlikely to help, very likely to hurt.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and
then success is sure." -- Mark Twain