[ic] compute page name?

Toni Mueller interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Sep 26 05:15:01 2001

Hello,

[ I've seen similar questions asked before, but could not get the
  suggested solutions to work :( ]

for several purposes I'd like to have a link (each) on a page that
I include using eg a component, or perhaps draw in dynamically,
that allows me to cycle through a number of (display) options. Needless
to say, I'd usually like the page displayed after the user clicks to
cycle, be the page the user was on when she clicked, but I can't
seem to compute that name. Normally, I would say
"[cgi HTTP_HOST]/[cgi REQUEST_URI]", but apart from the suspicion
that there must be a neater way I've not gotten things to
interpolate. The way I'd like this to happen is to pass a variable
as a parameter and then evaluate this at the top:

Down the page where the user could click:

[seti returnurl][cgi HTTP_HOST]/[cgi REQUEST_URI][/seti]

[area href="[scratch returnurl]&mydisplayoption=3"] click here </a>

and on the top of the page:

[if value [cgi displayoption] == 3]
	[seti user_display] fuzzy [/seti]
[/if]

but all I get is

or

depending on wh

Yes, I've read something about setting a flag that this page should
be parsed, but other tags on that page _are_ already parsed. Also,
the question about the sequence of evaluation somehow comes to
mind... it might be that not all variables are defined when I
need them.

Also, I'd like to be able to compute an arbitrary URL to
use in such a link. Is there a way to do it, and is there
a way to do it efficiently? Please note that I don't always
want to redisplay the current page, or that it would be
appropriate/possible to work with a search.

Applications should primarily be convenient cycling through
languages and currencies.