[ic] Adding SKU to Itemeditor

Wed Sep 26 09:02:01 2001

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Tobias Henle wrote:

TH>>one of our cutomer is changin his product-code and want's a entry in the itemeditor. But
TH>>adding sku to the `FIELDS TO EDIT' has no effect (no bad idea course changeing the primary
TH>>key is no good idea anyway, but i need to do).
TH>>knows anybody a workaround?

That's because the database is indexed on the SKU.

When I want to change SKU's, I do the changing from  the command line. However, I
believe that it can also be done through the Admin Interface.

I use my favorite editor (joe) and edit products.txt
You also have to edit inventory.txt, merchandising.txt, and pricing.txt

Normally, these data bases will re-generate the next time that they are
accessed. You may want to 'apply changes'

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Wednesday, September 26, 2001 at 08:55 AM:
A man's best friend is his dogma.

This Linux System has been up 39 hours