[ic] TIPS: Adding a new mysql table to IC

Doug Alcorn interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Sep 26 10:51:01 2001

"Zack Johnson" <zack@office.standardprinting.net> writes:

> 6.  Restart IC.  Your table should now appear under Administration >
> Tables.

Haven't we forgotten a step here.  Maybe IC 4.8 has changed in this
respect (I still haven't upgraded yet).  But I though you had to
create <catroot>/products/foo.txt before IC would pick up the new
table.  Most specifically, I thought you needed all the column headers
in the foo.txt file:

$ cat > <catroot>/products/foo.txt
id<tab>name<tab>atomic_number
<ctrl-d>

I thought it was _this_ text file and not the one over in
<catroot>/dbconf/mysql/foo.txt that IC used to create tables from.  I
thought just the column definitions came from the dbconf file.

Other than that, a very nice write-up.  Probably the best HOWTO on the
subject yet.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543