[ic] Admin Order Entry -> Order Routes -> Admin Logout

Wed Sep 26 12:17:01 2001

At 09:12 PM 09/25/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):

> the UI
> > >Routes
> admin
> > >tries
> part of

[snip]

> > Actually, this is a rather significant bug which is causing more than one
> > problem.
> >
> > The routing for a backend order (mv_order_route) is "log_entry main
> > copy_user", but for some reason IC is ignoring it in favor of the
> 'default'
> > order route, which is set (in catalog.cfg) to "log_transaction main
> > copy_user" - I have verified that processing is passing through this
> route,
> > though it should not be, for a backend order.  Not only does this log out
> > the admin's session, but it erroneously creates a new userdb record for
> all
> > transactions entered from the backend - a definite problem if you are
> > entering an order for an existing user.
>
>The problem is in catalog.cfg:
>
>     FormIgnore  mv_order_route
>
>which prevents the setting from the form. I think this can be corrected
>by changing the "Place Order" mv_click in lib/UI/pages/admin/entry.html:
>
>[set Place Order]
>mv_order_route=log_entry main copy_user
>mv_todo=submit
>[/set]
>
>If someone can give me some feedback that this works, I will commit
>that change to CVS.

It doesn't - it appears to be ignored just like an <input ...> tag.  Also,
commenting out 'FormIgnore mv_order_route' as an alternative approach
causes frontend and backend orders to fail in my tests - they just bounce
back to the checkout (or entry) page with no on-screen error message,
nothing in the log.  So far the only thing that has worked for me is
disabling the 'Route default' entries as per my earlier post, though I
realize that is not a long-term solution.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax