[ic] TIPS: Adding a new mysql table to IC

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 06:11:01 2001

Doug Alcorn <lathi@seapine.com> writes:

> "Zack Johnson" <zack@office.standardprinting.net> writes:
>
> > 6.  Restart IC.  Your table should now appear under Administration >
> > Tables.
>
> Haven't we forgotten a step here.  Maybe IC 4.8 has changed in this
> respect (I still haven't upgraded yet).  But I though you had to
> create <catroot>/products/foo.txt before IC would pick up the new
> table.  Most specifically, I thought you needed all the column headers
> in the foo.txt file:
>
> $ cat > <catroot>/products/foo.txt
> id<tab>name<tab>atomic_number
> <ctrl-d>
>
> I thought it was _this_ text file and not the one over in
> <catroot>/dbconf/mysql/foo.txt that IC used to create tables from.  I
> thought just the column definitions came from the dbconf file.

I don't think so. Even with 4.6 not. Usually I add a table within
mysql, than an entry into catalog.cfg, reconfig the catalog and
anything is in place.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices