[ic] TIPS: Adding a new mysql table to IC

Doug Alcorn interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 09:09:00 2001

racke@linuxia.de (Stefan Hornburg (Racke)) writes:

> Doug Alcorn <lathi@seapine.com> writes:
>
> > "Zack Johnson" <zack@office.standardprinting.net> writes:
> >
> > > 6.  Restart IC.  Your table should now appear under Administration >
> > > Tables.
> >
> > Haven't we forgotten a step here.  Maybe IC 4.8 has changed in this
> > respect (I still haven't upgraded yet).  But I though you had to
> > create <catroot>/products/foo.txt before IC would pick up the new
> > table.  Most specifically, I thought you needed all the column headers
> > in the foo.txt file:
> >
> > $ cat > <catroot>/products/foo.txt
> > id<tab>name<tab>atomic_number
> > <ctrl-d>
> >
> > I thought it was _this_ text file and not the one over in
> > <catroot>/dbconf/mysql/foo.txt that IC used to create tables from.  I
> > thought just the column definitions came from the dbconf file.
>
> I don't think so. Even with 4.6 not. Usually I add a table within
> mysql, than an entry into catalog.cfg, reconfig the catalog and
> anything is in place.

I know I've fought this before.  Like if you add a column in mysql and
the catalog.cfg (or dbconf/mysql/*.sql) then restart, IC 4.6 won't see
the new column untill you add it to the products/table.txt file.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543