[ic] 4.8.2 core dump

Thu Sep 27 09:21:01 2001

Quoting Kyle Cook (kyle@invisio.com):
> At 11:15 AM 9/25/01, you wrote:
> >I'm running freebsd 4.2, perl 5.005 (& all required modules). I'm trying
> >to install
> >IC 4.8.2
> >IC 4.8.1 installed and ran without error (generally)
> >
> >interchange.cfg has two catalogs defined, foundation (no rdbms) and kbinxdemo
> >(mysql)
>
> I have a slightly older freebsd box laying around, tried the install of
> 4.8.2 and had
> the same problem with seg fault.
>
> I carefully tried changing 1 setting at a time, when I changed
> the traffic setting from low to high and the seg fault disappeared !

I think I know what this means -- the DB_File module is core dumping. I bet
you could go back to low traffic mode if you removed:

    Pragma dynamic_variables

from templates/foundation/theme.cfg.

I don't have any FreeBSD boxes around right now (I hate setting
them up) and can't test, but I bet that is it. I will get one going
pretty soon and test before we release next version. I think I am
going to have to put some hints in for BSD again, sigh....

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

If you like what you're gettin', keep doin' what you're doin'. -- Hector