[ic] Bank of America(BofA)/VeriSign Payment Gateway

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 18:38:01 2001

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Peter Yoo
>
> Hello All,
>
> I've tried to use VeriSign Payflow Pro to do the CreditCard(CC)
> transactions
> on my site and at the last minute, I find out that I have to have a
> VeriSign
> Payflow Pro account as well as Bank of America(BofA)'s Merchant
Services.
> This means that I will be paying two places to get my site to accept
CCs.
> I was able to get my site working with VeriSign test server just fine,
but
> when I try to activate my Payflow Pro account VeriSign Support person
told
> me
> to get Vital Processor Number, Acquirer ID and Merchant ID from BofA
and
> BofA
> told me that I have to have BofA's Merchant Service to get those
> numbers(?).
>
> Is that right?  or am I just mis-lead by some vendors?

You do need all of those numbers.  But the only thing you need from BofA
is a merchant account, you do not need to pay for any of their special
merchant services.  We currently have two accounts setup with BofA and
both use Verisign to interface with IC.  We do not subscribe to monthly
BofA Merchant Services.

Please email me off the list if you would like the name of our account
manager that setup the relationship with Verisign originally.

Thanks,
-Ron

> If this information is correct, here is what I'd like to find out:
>
> BofA has its own Merchant Services which I believe that I can use with
IC.
> Has anyone done this with IC4.8.x?  Is there any document how to get
> BofA's
> Merchant Service intergrated with IC4.8.x?
>
> Any information would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> 	Peter.
>
> P.S.  I'm runnint IC4.8.2 on Sparc Solaris8 with
Perl5.6.1/mySQL3.23.39