[ic] Please help! Attributes cleared

Thu Sep 27 18:43:01 2001

At 12:16 AM 09/28/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>"Lewey Taylor" <admin@triparish.net> writes:
>
> > I will try one last time.  If someone does not have any
> > clues why all my modifiers get tossed, I guess I'll have to
> > pay someone to help me fix it.  Don't know what else to do
> > and I gotta get this site up.  I did even try a new catalog
> > with mysql but that didn't help either.  I will post my
> > debug again and again I apologize for the long post :)
>
>I think it boils to a behaviour which reasoning eludes me
>at least partially (Mike ?).
>
>If you have item modifier and you don't use the select
>boxes for them in a form (cart, checkout), you need
>to use hidden elements like that (untested !!):
>
><input type=hidden name="bcurve[calc][item-increment]-1[/calc]"
>value="[item-modifier bcurve]">

Actually, I think you just about nailed it - somebody correct me if I am
wrong (please!), but this should work:

[item-list]
[if-item-modifier foo]
foo: [item-modifier foo]  <!-- for display, if you wish -->
<input type=hidden name="[modifier-name foo]" value="[item-modifier foo]">
[/if-item-modifier]
[/item-list]

That should preserve the modifier value when the cart (or checkout page) is
recalculated.  Lewey, give it a try before you pay anyone to help you.

If it does work, then this is new behavior. I have a 4.6.5 catalog in which
I use modifiers without the need to do this.  Perhaps there is a directive
to make the modifier value sticky by default?

- Ed L.