[ic] UI processing tags I'm trying to use in Page Title

Randy Moore interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 19:41:01 2001

Hello,

I'm having a minor problem with the UI in Interchange 4.8.2.

I'm trying to put some Interchange tags in a Page Title through the
UI.  The tags are accepted, saved properly, and work perfectly.

But, the next time I load this page into the UI for editing, the tags are
interpreted by the UI as the edit page is being displayed rather than
simply showing the saved tags.  This means that if I save again, the tags
are gone and are replaced by whatever they evaluated to on the UI edit page.

I found a way around this, but I'm hoping there is a more elegant
solution.  I added a Variable in my catalog.cfg file that stored the text
of the tags I need in the Page Title, and then used __MYVARIABLE__ in the
UI Page Title field.

Specifically, in catalog.cfg I have:
Variable   CURRENTBRAND    [filter op=namecase int][data session arg][/filter]

Then, In the Page Title field in the UI, I put "__CURRENTBRAND__".

I noticed that in the flypage, the UI does not interpret the
"[item-description]" tag, so it seems there must be something I'm missing.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Randy Moore
Axion Information Technologies, Inc.

email     ramoore@axion-it.net