[ic] [ic]4.8.2 is etc/profiles.order working?

Peter Yoo interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Sep 28 03:02:01 2001

Hello All,

IC4.8.2 on Sparc Solaris8, Perl5.6.1, mySQL 3.23.39 using foundation temp.

I maybe doing something wrong here but even tough that I see these:

__NAME__ account_change
fname=required
lname=required
address1=required
city=required
country=required
(etc....)

in etc/profiles.order, I am able to create a new account with blank names!

I don't have to put fname or lname, it will create an account as long as I
put something in the login name and password.

I would like some of the fields to be 'required' - just like what I have
in etc/profiles.order

I do also see lines in pages/account.html like :

[error name=lname std_label="Last Name" required=1]

what is this required ITL mean?  how is it differ from lines in
etc/profiles.order?

Thanks.

	Peter.