[ic] Error when saving in Admin Interface

Curt Hauge interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Sep 28 13:49:01 2001

Quoting Brendan Crosser-McGay

> Has anyone else experienced the problem of having an internal server error
> 500 when they use the Admin interface Save button, or when using other
> features of the Admin Interface, I seem to get this message in my
> error log,
> and I under this error looks pretty simple but I don't know where the
> setting is that is making it do this:
>
> /cgi-bin/2002/admin/page_edit search error: your search file a valid
> database reference, was 'backup'

I am using IC 4.6.5. I have had the 500 error when adding categories from
the admin UI. This was accompanied by a 'bad counter magic in
/etc/cat.recordnumber' error in the catalog error log. I found it was a bad
cat.recordnumber file in /your_cat/etc. I found this by copying a known
working /etc directory into the catalog directory, which fixed it, and then
changing one file at a time until I found the offending file. There is a
folder called 'backup' in the catalog directory, perhaps it is at fault?

Good luck!

Curt Hauge