[ic] Using the Script Name Variable

Christopher Van Oosterhout interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Sep 29 10:50:01 2001

Greetings All,

When I use the dump tag, [dump], to get an idea of just what Interchange is
collecting, I see a variable under ENVIRONMENT that may be useful to me.

In particular I would like to the SCRIPT_NAME variable.  I have tried to
use the [data session SCRIPT_NAME] tag without success.  It appear to me
that the tag only works for "true" SESSION variables.

I have two questions.  First, is it possible to drawn out and use the
SCRIPT_NAME and other ENVIRONMENTAL variables?

If not, could you suggest a way to do the following:

I have set up multiple script aliases to the same store.  And it works
expect I can not figure out how to reference links to the descriptions
(flypages) of specific items in my site's search result page.  Currently I
am using something like:

/cgi-bin/storename/[part number]

I would like to replace the "/cgi-bin/storename/" section of the URL with
SCRIPT_NAME.

Any ideas?

Christopher Van Oosterhout