[ic] Payment Gateway/Setup Recommendation Needed.

Peter Yoo interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Sep 30 02:43:00 2001

Hello All,

I've been ready to launch my site for a while but had some issues with
BofA(if you have seen my previous mails, you would know) merchant service
and VeriSign PayFlow Pro service.

Now, I'm writing this to get recommendations on what services from whom that I
need to have a reliabily working payment gateway on IC4.8.2

At this point, I am willing to open up a new bank account if that's will
make my life easier.  Now I belive that VeriSign's PayFlow Pro is 'overkill'
and a bit expensive for my site, but if it's worth to have, then I will
go with VeriSign but I really hope someone can tell me what I really need
from my bank(BofA) to enable my VeriSign account.  When I called BofA to get
my merchant ID, they told me that I have to buy BofA's merchant service...

I've already asked before about BofA's Merchant support on IC4.8.2 but I guess
it's not production-ready yet.  If BofA's Merchant support is functioning,
I'm willing to give it a try since it's very reasonablily priced.  Please
let me know how I can get BofA Merchant support enabled on my IC4.8.2.

For those who already have payment gateway working on their site, can you
tell me what you use?  Which bank?  Which company? and etc.

I'm in California and my BofA branch people might not know what I need and
maybe that's why they are trying to sell me their merchant service.  However,
since I do not know what I really need, I can't really tell them much.
VeriSign customer support couldn't help me much other than telling me that I
need to work with BofA to get 'Vital account #', 'merchant ID' and etc.

I'm confused now and this is affecting my original schedule of my site launch.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can tell me what he/she is using in
detail so I can follow.

Thank you.

	Peter.

PS. my site won't do much good if I cannot accept any payments, right?