[ic] read-cookie and set-cookie on same page

Orko interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 1 19:54:01 2002

Is the bug you refer to in IE6 only present when you specify the path,
or the domain, or both?  We are currently testing out a page that is
underperforming the baseline dramatically, with almost no visual change
to the user.  The only changes are that we used to log them in
automatically with their email address as their username (the new way of
using an incremental username should perform better, since it can't
contain illegal characters), and we are setting a cookie as follows:

[set-cookie name=ic_user
          domain=".domain.com"
          value="id_rw=[value id_rw]&email=[value email]"
          expire="Mon, 01-Jan-2035 00:00:01 GMT"]

We have been using the ".domain.com" format for a while now, so that
different parts of our web site can access it, through a rotating DNS
off of the same domain.  Could doing this be causing the page to hang in
some browsers?

Note:  it's just the pages leading *up* to the cart that are on a
rotating DNS.  The cart is on www.domain.com ;-)

-- orko