[ic] Problem with IMAGE___DIR

Andrew Lietzow interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 10:08:00 2002

Dear Kevin Walsh,
Thank you for the prompt reply.
---------
RE:>>... you must have misread the article that mentioned the [calc].
RE:>>The correct usage would be [calc]$Variable->{IMAGE_DIR}[/calc],
--------
Kevin, I was simply attempting to follow the instructions in this message.
http://interchange.redhat.com/archive/interchange-users/2001/msg06847.html
since I didn't come to this juncture already knowing how the program must be
configured to work correctly.

I simply copied and pasted to avoid any typos.  This is what I copied into
my catalog.cfg file:
<ImageDir      [calc]$Config->{ImageDir}[/calc]>
It did not accomplish my desired objective, i.e. to load images.

>From what I understand of C++, this looks like a point-to reference and it
should
force a read for a value held in the ImageDir cubbyhole?

However, since the start of this thread, I started playing around
with the ImageDir setting in the catalog.cfg file for foundation,
observing the results being generated (for the image reference
in the index.html file).  According to the results observed, I made
changes to catalog.cfg AND to my httpd.conf file.  And voila!

As it turns out, the setting for __IMAGE_DIR__ variable was NOT my
only problem.  The primary problem was my setting for the DocumentRoot
and possibly a ScriptAlias setting in the httpd.conf file.
http://microanswers.net/cgi-bin/foundation/ now works!

Here's the kicker.  In my
/var/www/cgi-bin
directory, there is a file called, "foundation".  If I rename foundation to
foundation.cgi and refresh, I get a simple 404 NOT FOUND error.  If I
change the reference in the URL line, to
http://microanswers.net/cgi-bin/foundation.cgi , then I get a
HTTP 404 NOT FOUND error.  Neither way does it allow foundation.cgi to run.

If I add to the httpd.conf file the directive
<AddHandler cgi-script .pl .cgi>
it seems to have no effect (the browser still can't process foundation.cgi).
Perhaps this is a question for the apache list but I'll keep studying my cgi
books
until I find out.    Since it was germaine to my __IMAGE_DIR__ question,
someone else may be interested in the cure...

The Foundation now demo WORKS!  IT WORKS!!!

Thank you, Danke, Muchos Gracias, Shakram, ...

Andrew Lietzow
The ACL Group, Inc.