[ic] CSS and Interchange

Ryan Hertz interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 13:17:01 2002

At 09:45 AM 4/2/02 -0800, G Guttero wrote:
>I've noticed that some people have their View -> Text Size setting on a
>setting other than medium which really doesn't work well with my site at
>all.  I wanted to find a way to force the setting to medium, and the
>answer I ended up with was to use this:

><!--
>body{
>font-size:13px;
>}
>-->

Sorry I don't have the answer to your question, but I'll tell you right now
that you're alienating a surprising large percentage of customers who may
have visual disabilities and can only navigate your site by using large
font sizes.  If you force your customers to view text at a size that is too
small for their comfort, I guarantee that they will not buy from you.

I personally keep my text size set to "Smaller" when in IE, but that's
beside the point.   :-)  Design your pages so that they work reliably with
all sizes of text -- it doesn't have to be pretty -- but make it work.

And while we're on it -- use ALT properties in your IMG tags for people who
use text-to-speech or non-graphical browsers and make sure your site works
without Javascript or cookies.  :-)