[ic] simple multiple page checkout anyone?

John Beima interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 15:47:00 2002

G'Day Bob,

In some cases yes the checkout form seems very convoluted (Sp?)...

It is geared at repeat customers... Allowing them to save different shipping and
billing profiles. This way they can just pick which shipping and billing profile
they wish to use.

However this makes it a little more complicated for first time or one time
customers.

What you need to ask yourself is a couple of things:

01) Are my customers one time or repeat customers.

If they are one time customers then you can remove all the account/user
management and just get right to the order.

If they are repeat customers then you should just look at explaining better what
you find confusing... Also remember just because YOU find it confusing, doesn't
mean your customers do.

02) Do my customers NEED to look-up their orders on-line.

If they do, then you NEED to have user management.

If they don't then you can safely pull it out.

If you send me a little more information on what you are trying to do, I may be
able to help you out more...

John Beima
jbeima@palb.com, support@alocalagent.com, and support@alocalchurch.com

P.A.L.B. Systems - Phone: (780)451-1086 - Fax: (780)447-4760
11639-122 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5M 0B6

Affordable Web Pages - Phone: (888)932-9990 - Fax: (256)351-7297
2713B Spring Place SW, Decatur, Alabama, United States, 35603