[ic] setting shipping when recalculating checkout

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 20:01:01 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Honest to Goodness
>
> On the checkout page my customer can radio button select from several
> shipping options. On this event I need to
> a) cause a recalculate (not difficult) and
> b) extract the chosen shipping value and set the shipping variable to
it
> (looks hard).
>
> I've looked all over for the process.html page which is a red herring
so
> perhaps is it compiled right into the cgi executable? Or does the same
> checkout page reload itself? Then how does it extract the variable
> values like the number of products and the remove checkboxes? Just
> asking ...

There is not a process.html, this is a dummy page name that appears when
a form is submitted in checkout, basket, etc.  The checkout page will
either be refreshed with the changes or the order will be placed
depending on which button is clicked.

To use radio buttons for the shipping selection try out this code:

[shipping
	label=1
	format="<input type='radio' name='mv_shipmode' value='%M'%C> %D
(%F)<br>"
	mode=|[data table=country key='[default country US]'
col=shipmodes]|
]

This will show the radio buttons, set the shipping mode when the form is
submitted and also keep the same shipping mode selected when the
checkout page is refreshed or changed.

Good luck,
-Ron