[ic] SecureURL & VendorURL cause two different IDs/carts !?

Roger Yarrow interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 21:17:00 2002

Big problem:

I got my SecureURL working, but, now my store is behaving like it has two
different carts because there are two session IDs - one when I am non secure
and another when I am.

If I put something in my basket via a nonsecure method, it will only be
visible if I am NOT in https.  So, anything I buy in regular mode does not
appear on the secure checkout page.

Same goes for the other way around:  If I put something in my basket via a
secure method, it will only show up on secure pages and not in "tiny_cart"
when in a nonsecure page.

What is going on?  It appears like I have different session IDs whether I am
in secure mode or not.  HELP!!  My brain is fried on this one!

If you'd like to see what I am talking about, go to www.bluesmart.com  (not
yet live, so don't buy anything :) View a category and then buy some items
using the "Buy List" button.  Since all this is nonsecure, you will see the
tiny_cart displayed with your items.  But, if you click "Your cart" they
aren't there because it is now secure.  Use a "buy now" button and then your
item WILL appear in the cart.  HELP!