[ic] Checkout form mail lists functionality

Michael Lehmkuhl interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 01:17:01 2002

Hello.

I'm somewhat perplexed at the "Mail lists" form field on the checkout page
of the foundation template.  I'm referring to the four lists that are
available for subscription:

    "Special Offers"
    "Newsletter"
    "Alerts and Recalls"
    "Upgrades"

I may be interested in using these mail lists, but haven't been able to find
a way in the admin UI to manage or even send messages to these mail lists.

Does Interchange have mailing list management functions built in?  Is the
idea to store each user's subscription preference so that the list can
easily be exported to another mailing list management tool?

I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me as to the intended
purpose, usage, and usefulness of this mysterious feature.

Thanks.

--
Michael Lehmkuhl
Electric Pulp