[ic] basket / cart not appearing on page

Bob Ramstad interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 19:08:00 2002

OK, I'm about ready to lose it.  As usual, searched the archives, no
help, read the "documentation", no help.

I'm trying to modify from foundation and have made a few changes, but
nothing substantial.

Mysteriously today, on both IE and Netscape, when I click on my "buy
now" submit button on an item page, the page which is returned doesn't
have ANY cart on it.

The files in pages/ord have not changed AT ALL from the original.  As
an experiment, I changed the title line slightly, and I can confirm
that pages/ord/basket.html is the page being parsed and displayed.

Even more frustrating, when I put an item in the shopping cart, and
then go back to it, it DOES show as being currently in my shopping
cart i.e. this code does fire off

  [if ordered [item-code]]
    <TR><TD>This item is currently in your [page ord/basket]shopping cart</A>.</TD>
  [/if]

Long story short, the problem seems to just be a display issue.

The lack of documentation for the foundation demo is a continual
source of frustration for me.  Should I just throw this hunk of junk
out and write everything from scratch?

I'm sorely tempted to give up entirely on Interchange.  I could list
my reasons, but everyone here knows them already :-)  How did you all
struggle through on this?  I've been working with Interchange for six
months and I find myself putting off working on the project because
it's always so frustrating.

-- Bob