[ic] Different total in backend then total in receipt and cc charge

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 03:38:01 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Kyle Cook
>
> At 09:03 PM 4/3/02, you wrote:
> > > From: Ron Phipps [mailto:rphipps@reliant-solutions.com]
> > >
> > > We are working on bringing a new site live this week.  About an
hour
> > > before we were set to launch we noticed that a test order had been
> >placed
> > > that had a problem.  The weird thing about this test order was
that in
> >the
> > > backend and order history the order total was stored without the
> >Shipping
> > > included.  Here are the relevant columns from that order:
>
> <SNIP>
>

> > > If someone
> >has
> > > seen this problem or if someone more familiar with the core can
> >elaborate
> > > on how this could possibly happen I'd be interested in hearing
what
> >you
> > > have to say.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help,
> > > -Ron
> >
> >Oops, I sent before sending all the relevant information.  Here is
our
> >testing environment:
> >
> >Redhat 7.2
> >Interchange 4.8.3
> >Perl 5.6.1
> >All Perl modules installed
> >Using UPS WWW Lookup
> >Catalog is custom built
> >Low Traffic (for development only)
> >Verisign
> >
> >We have not experienced any environment issues with this
installation.
> >Error logs are clear of any errors when the order was placed and the
> >tracking.asc shows the correct total_cost.
> >
> >-Ron
>

> My guess would be a problem when the shipping was requested from UPS.
>
> I may be wrong as I don't use the UPS WWW lookup, but I believe that
> everywhere shipping and or total_cost are calculated (ea page, email,
> database save, etc..)
> that a lookup is performed, and that it happened to fail in your case
in
> the
> database append.

Thanks for your input Kyle.  I'll look more into the [shipping] and
[total-cost] tags to see if that is what happened.  That'd be a bummer
if the lookup worked to get the shipping value, but failed when it tried
to compute [total-cost] again.  See on the database save it was able to
compute [shipping] because that was stored in the db, the [total-cost]
did not include the [shipping] cost which would be consistent with your
evaluation.  If this is the case does it seem possible for an order to
be placed where the correct shipping and total-cost are stored in the
database but the credit card is charged without the shipping included?
I'm wondering if the lookup failed as a result of the perl problem Mike
helped us track down earlier.  I've switched the traffic to rpc and set
MaxServers to 0 to see if the problem does not show up when we go live
and there is traffic.

Thanks,
-Ron