[ic] Re: freebsd 4.5 core dumpage

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 04:25:00 2002

james dunkley wrote:

> yeah,  I have read all docs but have not exactly tried that recompile option
> suggested in that link do you think this will make it work?
>
> I have it working on the one system and the one that doesn't work is exact
> same config except the broken box has softupdates enabled but I doubt that
> will throw it off?
>
> Any suggestions for tracing dumps.

I'm missing the context! Did you read

If you are talking about
http://interchange.redhat.com/archive/interchange-users/2001/msg09422.html
, I did'nt recompile anything of my FreeBSD and I let FreeBSD so as it
is. The only thing to get IC running without a core dump is

/PATH-TO-INTERCHANGE/bin/interchange

#                if(defined $Global::Variable->{MV_DOLLAR_ZERO}) {
#                       $0 = $Global::Variable->{MV_DOLLAR_ZERO};
#                        $0 = "interchange --> $Global::VendRoot"
#                                        if length($0) < 2;
 #               }
 #               else {
 #                       $0 = 'interchange';
 #               }

See

http://interchange.redhat.com/archive/interchange-users/2002/msg05454.html
http://interchange.redhat.com/archive/interchange-users/2001/msg09621.html
http://interchange.redhat.com/archive/interchange-users/2001/msg09630.html

too and read
http://interchange.redhat.com/archive/interchange-users/2001/msg10876.html
please.

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]