[ic] changing colors etc. (newbie help)

Jason Balicki interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 08:21:01 2002

Dan Myers wrote:

Dan,

It's convinient for us to you to tell us what version of IC you're
using, what OS, and if you're using foundation as a base or if you've
set up a site from scratch.  Judging from your questions I'm making
the assumption that you're using IC 4.8.3 under Linux and are running
the foundation demo.

> 1)How do I change the red colors in the store?  I know how to change the
> button images, that was easy, but how do I change the title bar and the
> red menu bar and the red navigation bar on the left?  I assume I edit
> the template, but don't see where to change colors.

This is contained in theme.cfg.  It's located in the
templates/<yourcatalog>
directory, relative to the root of your catalog.

> 2)How do I get my store link
> http://www.mydomain.com/~domain/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/index.html
> to open as my start page at http://www.mydomain.com?

There is probably a better way to do this, but I used a shell
script in a cron job to perform these steps:

a) using wget, connect to http://localhost/cgi-bin/<catalog>/index.html
and stuff it into a temporary file

b) using some simple perl commands, remove all session data

c) move the temporary file to docroot/index.html.

This is working out fine so far, but like I said, there's probably
a better way.

> 3)Also, how do I add buttons or links on the navigation bar on left
> without screwing things up?

The left navagation is done in the component category_vertical
in templates/components/ which is in turn called by the template
files LEFTRIGHT_TOP and LEFTONLY_TOP in templates/<catalog>/regions

You *will* screw things up.  That's part of the fun. :)  Just make
sure you make a copy of the origional files before you start
changing them so you have a working base to go back to and refer
too.  After you stare at it long enough it'll start to make sense
to you.

> Thank you,
> Dan

Good luck,