[ic] Multilingual Template and Database???

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 09:16:01 2002

Gerald Holzmeister <office@wdcom.at> writes:

> Hey,
> I'm using Interchange 4.8.3 and i had to build an e-commerce solution in four
> different languages and now there are two problems.
>
> 1) The Product Name, the comment and the options should be translated. For
> the Product Name i've found the "DescriptionField" where i can get the data
> from the database.
> (i.e. Local  de_DE   DescriptionField   description_de)
> For the comment and the option i've no idea.

See the ML archives for this list and interchange-i18n.

> 2) Template: I've used "PageDir" to link to different directorys for the
> languages. But i cannot edit the pages from the new directory (../pages_de)
> with the admin-tool of interchange, because ic doesn't save my changes to the
> file. It work without errors with the default directory (../pages).

Put the other dirs below pages, e.g. pages/de_DE

> And my Templates doesn't akzept the [L]Value[/L] Tags.

Use [loc] or [msg].

> Please be patient with my poor english.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Think of it !

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices