[ic] Re: basket / cart not appearing on page

Bob Ramstad interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 13:23:01 2002

I solved the problem myself.

The reason the cart wasn't appearing on the basket.html page was
because I had edited LEFTONLY_TOP and removed

[include file="templates/components/[control component none]" group=content][control]

This problem seems to specifically related to the foundation demo.

There seems to be an assumption by LEFTONLY_TOP that certain
components should always be shown in certain places, and that the next
two components should be shown in the main content area.

Of course, this isn't documented anywhere, and I'm still not sure
exactly how the [control-set] blocks at the top of basket.html
interact with LEFTONLY_TOP.  It seems that the designer of
foundation.html wanted to be able to have individual pages display
different components in the main content area.  That's the best I can
come up with.  The snippet of code above is pretty impervious to
analysis and I found no documentation anywhere indicating how this
scheme is intended to work... the above is just an educated guess.

-- Bob